Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jobland

Devin and I found jobs yesterday. At the same company. We didn't anticipate doing that, but we will be doing entirely different things, so it will be ok. We will be working at a place that does business English on-site for companies all over Taipei. There is a headquarters, but teachers are dispatched throughout the city. We had to do a demo class yesterday, and it was my first time doing something like that. Of course I need some practice and training, but they were still willing to employ me, even though I have little experience as a teacher. I guess I showed potential. Also my corporate experience didn't hurt.... Also! They may have me write an 'English through yoga' class, which would be so amazing.
We will be moving into an apartment and out of the crappy hostel tomorrow, once our Ikea order arrives. Yipee! I cannot express how beautiful the building and its surroundings are. The hotel style pool over looks the hills and the town below. I'll post photos once we get some good daytime shots.

2 comments:

ros said...

Hi, Emily, I have just come back from England where I was with students, so I have just known abour your new experience.
Good Luck.
Your Italian mum

Kapuanani said...

Yes! Do send photos when you can. And congratulations to you both!! Please give our bests to Cup.