- Damn it’s beautiful here.
- The abundance of fresh tropical fruit, fruits I have never seen or heard of before, which leads to a lot of fresh, made-to-order fruit juice for very cheap.
- The tomato is in its rightful place as a fruit.
- In many public toilets, there is toilet seat sanitizer for your convenience. Beats the hell out of a paper seat cover.
- The bus and trains are unbelievably convenient and affordable. And they usually don't smell!
- Japanese and Korean food anywhere, anytime (Taiwanese food ain't bad either).
- Jungle air every time I come home.
- People don't stare all that much, at least in Taipei.
- People love cycling. Oh god do they love cycling here.
- The pork butcher down the street who has half a pig lying on his truck bed every morning.
- The open air karaoke that the neighborhood drunks frequent.
- The abandoned buildings behind tall brick walls that I want to break into.
- Hot Lix. The bbq skewers in my little night market.
- Tong Hua Night market.
- Fireworks in my 'hood 24/7/365 (actually I hate that but I'm sure I'll laugh about it someday)
- The bird outside my window with the craziest song I have ever heard who likes to get started at about 2 am. (another thing I'll laugh about someday)
- Being able to drink beer when you're walking down the street.
- All of the hilarious things I see here every day, usually in the form of terrible English on a t-shirt.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Not a complete list, but lately I've been thinking of the things I love about this place:
at 10:12 PM